Good morning and HAPPY OCTOBER 1ST!
Despite it being 90 degrees every day, spooky season is once again upon us, muahaha. In case you missed it and/or haven’t heard, FSU won this past weekend against NC State, yay! Next weekend they’re headed to South Carolina to take on Clemson.
Here’s some information on the moon tonight AKA the moon I was born under. Let me tell you, I am feelin’ the lunar energy.
To read about my zodiac journey, click here.
Born on or between September 23rd and October 22nd, Libra’s are obsessed with symmetry and balance in all aspects of life. Throughout their journey, they learn to stop chasing it in the world around them and focus on chasing it within themselves. Venus is their ruling planet making them passionate lovers and known for having expensive taste. With this in mind, they dislike being alone and do best when surrounded by like-minded individuals. Libra’s are most inspired by good books, great conversations, and the arts.
Here are some other characteristics of the sign:
- Libra’s are known for their keen, intellectual minds.
- They will do almost anything to avoid conflict in attempt to keep the balance/peace.
- Being an air sign, they can seem “up in the clouds” and have difficulties following through.
- A room full of happy people is their favorite place.
- Their lucky stone is sapphire (which I talked about here).
- Lastly, they dislike violence and selfishness.
Right now, we are fully loaded with Libra jewelry!
*fun fact- ravens are considered to be Libra’s spirit animal. Check out this cool raven box!*
Now, let’s dive into the October birthstone- Opal.
It’s easy for me to say I love all the stones in the world, but I don’t…at first. Opal is one of the stones that continues to grow on me. There’s something mysterious, I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it’s because Opal intensifies emotions and I do that on my own…randomly…at the most inconvenient times. It also helps release anger and encourages independence.
In Ancient times, it was considered to be the most bewitching gem because one stone contained the colors of Garnet, Amethyst, and Emerald. It was worn for its ability to strengthen sight, heal eye diseases, and bring great luck.
One of my favorite characteristics of Opal is how it acts as a prism and brings a full spectrum of light energy to the system. This soothes and clears the emotional body and boosts one’s will to live, inspires optimism and creativity, and allows one to embrace love and passion. Basically, Opal is everything I need in life.
Other fun facts:
- Opal magnifies negative qualities. While this can be uncomfortable, it helps in understanding why they exist and learning how to let them go.
- It’s a karmic stone and reminds us that what goes around, comes around.
- It helps with deep inner work like meditating.
- Back in the day, Opal lost it’s great reputation due to rumors of mysterious fatalities. Now, it is one of the world’s favorite stones and the 14th wedding anniversary gift.
This week we welcome SAWMILL JAM to the stage for Food Truck Thursday! People are loving the addition of Funkalicious and Falafel Grill 🙂 If you haven’t tried them yet, come on out! Details for the event are here.
Thanks for reading, see y’all next week!
COMING NEXT TUESDAY: Emily Reads The Future